Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hot Yoga

Tonight was my first night back doing hot yoga since all my operations and gallbladder crud and man, oh man did it feel great! I didn't realize how much I missed my yoga practice. There is something about being in a room heated to 104 degrees and 50% humidity while doing yoga that does a body and mind good. I love the camaraderie of all the other yogis in the room all coming together for a similar purpose.

All my fears, anxiety, stress, and depression dripped out of me (along with all my sweat) onto my mat and I just focused on the moment. Honestly it's hard to think of anything other than the yoga pose I was trying to hold anyway.

Here I am all ready to go tonight




Tonight's class was 60 minutes instead of the 75 or 90 minute versions, which was perfect for my first time back in over 6 weeks. If you have never tried hot yoga before, I cannot say enough good things about it or recommend it enough!! LOVE it!

And I love the feeling of being drenched in sweat when I get out of class. It makes me feel like I rocked it!




Since dinner was late tonight, I kept it light after class with a whole wheat tortilla wrap filled with mesquite smoked turkey, Colby jack cheese, lettuce, dijonaise and a squirt of mayo. It was delish!!

Now off to put my muchkin to bed and get some well needed rest myself.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment