If I don't workout before lunch, it usually doesn't happen unless I have already planned ahead to work out after work. Even then, 7 times out of 10, it won't happen at the end of the day. So today as the morning crept by, I kept thinking of things I needed to do like drink my coffee, make a smoothie, watch cartoons with Lia, make the beds and tidy up, etc.
Then I realized it was almost 9. Seeing as I have to leave at 10:30 today for a friend's baby shower, I knew it had to happen right away or it wasn't going to happen today at all. My guilt from eating pizza last night started to slowly creep in... skipping a workout would only add to that guilt.
This left me with only 25 minutes to get my workout on before I needed to get ready so I decided to just head down to the basement and jump on my treadmill for a quick interval workout. After a 3 minute warm up walking at 4.0 mph, I alternated minutes at 5.0 then 6.0 and repeated until I hit 25 minutes. With a 2 minute cool down, I ended up covering just over 2.25 miles at a 1.0 incline. Not bad for a last minute quickie workout.
Now I am planning ahead and hopeful I will find the motivation to get in a Quick 100 arm circuit later today.
Off to the baby shower feeling refreshed and ready for my "real" day to begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment