This weekend has been crazy busy!! With my lack of motivation lately being busy gave me great excuses to not work out Friday or yesterday. As a result I have been extra sluggish and feeling the weight of the extra food I have chowed this weekend. Ugh. Oh well.
After a solid 10 hours of sleep last night I woke up today feeling refreshed and ready to get back into the swing of things. After a breakfast of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and a bowl of Special K Red Berries I got to work cleaning my house and decorating the Christmas tree. Then Taylor took Lia to wash my car and I took advantage of the alone time and jumped on my treadmill for a challenging work out.
Today's treadmill workout consisted of a 4 minute warm up at 3-4 mph at a 2% incline then jogging at 5.5 mph at the same incline until 15 minutes then I bumped up my speed to 6 mph from minutes 15-20. Then I decided to add in some speed sprint intervals to break up the treadmill boredom. I opted for a 1:2 ratio and from minutes 21-33 I ran at 7.0 mph for one minute followed by 6.0 mph for 2 recovery minutes, and repeat. Then I slowly decreased my speed and ended with a walking cool down. Total time 39 minutes. Total distance 3.46 miles. This workout had me sweating good! Sure felt good to get things moving!
The temps are supposed to drop 20 degrees tomorrow so I am planning to get up extra early before work and get in some cross training on my elliptical.
Now off to watch the Broncos game.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment