Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mile Hi United Way Turkey Trot

This Thanksgiving I signed up with my friend Shane to run the Turkey Trot at Wash Park in Denver. This is an annual 4 mile fun run that starts out circling the park and finishes running through the park itself. Over 10,000 people run it each year.

I was not super motivated this Thanksgiving and really just wanted to stay in my jammies watching the Macy's Day Parade and sipping mimosas.

I was glad I signed up ahead of time and had a game plan to meet Shane or I might have bailed out. I mean we even bought matching turkey headbands!! There was no turning back.


I didn't train much the week before as I had a yucky sinus cold and just was not feeling it. I definitely felt this during the race and had a hard time getting into my groove. After mile 3 I got a horrible cramp in my right hip an buttock but managed to push through. I did run the whole time and finished in 37 minutes putting me just over a 9 minute mile. Not my best but not my worst either.

After the race I hurried home and quickly got to enjoying my post race mimosa while making stuffing and watching the parade. Happy day!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment