Whew! Just got back from an interval run on my lunch hour and I am whipped!!
I reviewed my training with my buddy who is helping me train and he pointed out that I really need to up my interval times to 1 minute at full speed to 2 minutes of cool down, then repeat, repeat, repeat 7-10 times. Due to my time restraints of my lunch hour I was able to fit in 7 interval sets preceded by an 8 minute warm up and followed by a 5 minute cool down.
I ran my little heart out and I am exhausted!! I was able to cover more than my usual 3 miles today with the increased speeds... Starting to see how all this hard training is paying off!
Now back to work. Tomorrow is a rest/stretching day for me.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment