Sunday, October 7, 2012

Race for the Cure

I did it!!! I nailed my personal best time at the Race for the Cure today!! This is what I have been training for and I could not be prouder or more satisfied with my time today!







It was a brisk 27 degrees this morning and the race started at 7 am. This of course meant getting up at 5:15 to get ready and pick up my bestie, Kia, and head downtown. We drove most the way then hopped on the lightrail so that we wouldn't have to deal with parking.




It was so heartwarming and inspirational seeing all the people who come out for this race to support finding a cure to this horrible disease and save the tatas!

This year the race became personal for me as just a few days ago I found out that a great family friend of ours was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Today, I ran for her. If anyone can beat this it is Lori! Love her!

Right before the start, we noticed even the clouds had a pink tinge to them. (This picture doesn't do it justice)




Here we are FREEZING and ready to run.



I made a new "perfect 5k" playlist for this run and loved every minute of it! I love running with Kia as we run at pretty much the same pace so we get to run the whole race together. It was a great run! Loved running around the city as the sun came up. Truly beautiful!

After the finish.



Happy girls!

Our morning ended with a trip to Starbucks for some pumpkin spice lattes and then to Kia's for a yummy home cooked breakfast courtesy of her hubby.

Looking forward to next year's race already!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment