Today I planned to get back outside to my lunchtime running but it was super windy today!!
So instead I mustered up some energy and hit my treadmill when I got home for an intense and fast interval run. After warming up at 5.0 mph I alternated 3 minutes at 6.0 mph followed by 2 minutes at 7.0 mph the repeat, repeat, repeat until I hit 32 minutes and then I cooled it down the last 3 minutes.
After the treadmill I did a brief arm circuit I call the "Fast 100" with some free weights with 4 sets of 25 reps each of bicep curls, shoulder pressed and tricep extensions. Then I did 10 push-ups... Yes, the girly kind with my knees down.
I have a super hard time finding energy to work out after a full day of work. It seems like by the time I get home all I want to do is play with Lia and Taylor, eat dinner and relax. I can also easily talk myself out of evening workouts and come up with a million different excuses or things I need to do. I definitely prefer morning workouts or lunchtime runs, however sometimes you just gotta make the time to workout when you can and tonight was it for me. I do feel so much better now that it is done!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment