In hindsight I wish I had reviewed the course ahead of time and noted the entire last 1.1 miles is a steep uphill climb. Not that this would have deterred me, but I would have trained appropriately for this undertaking. Instead I slacked big time this week and certainly didn't eat clean either.
It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. Temps around 50 but super sunny and blue skies everywhere. I was surprised by how many runners there were!
The views running were beautiful!
I did read the website last night and noted it mentioned that the 3rd mile was uphill... They just didn't say how steep it was! All I could think about as I ran the first 2 miles, both downhill, was that it we are going down for 2 miles and this is only a 3.1 mile race, the uphill portion is going to be a b$&!$. I was not wrong. I think my split times will confirm this as well. We were crushing it on miles 1 and 2, then my the 3rd mile, my time increased by 4 minutes!! Probably because I had to walk the last half mile here and there as there was no escaping it.
Not a single flat or easy part to it.
The grand finale... Climbing the stairs in the amphitheater. My legs were jello!
Up at the top they had all sorts of yummy post race snacks, protein shakes and even a farmers market which was a first for me post race.
All in all had a great morning supporting a great organization and getting some good exercise!
Now we are off to meet my family for some delicious BBQ to celebrate my brothers birthday. I certainly earned it!
- Posted using BlogPress from
my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment