Tuesday, September 11, 2012

PB training

I signed up to run the Denver Race for the Cure on October 7th and decided I want to try for my own personal best (PB) in the competitive 5k this year.

I requested the advice and help of my friend, who is a competitive cyclist, to help me design a training plan designed to increase my speed. My plan officially started yesterday. Monday was an endurance run, meaning to keep my heart rate in my endurance zone of 140-155 bpm. I cranked it out on my lunch hour. Ended up only having a half hour but made the most of it although the heat about did me in. I definitely prefer cool weather running! My friend Julie who usually runs at lunch with me couldn't make it, so it was a solo reflective run for me. Very peaceful..(at least when I wasn't thinking of keeling over in the heat).

Today was a scheduled rest day although I decided to swap it for tomorrow as I am craving some hot yoga tomorrow night! I repeated the 30 minute endurance run again today at Cherry Creek Reservoir. I don't think I'll ever get tired of running there, it is so beautiful! Another hot day today! Tomorrow is only supposed to be 57 here, 30 degrees cooler than today. I'm sure I'll be wishing I was running at lunch! Trying not to overextend myself though so one thing at a time and tomorrow hot yoga wins! That and lunch with some girlfriends. :).

Found a new photo I love




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment