Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sick Time

I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold last Friday night; scratchy throat, stuffy, blah feeling, etc but gradually felt better as the week went on... until today.   Even though I wasn't feeling completely run down with a sinus infection, I decided to take it easy this week and have not been running at all.  I am not a person who can sit still and actually RELAX.  Instead all I do is think about my next workout, how much will missing this workout hurt me; when can I work out again, and guilt for anything bad I may have ingested that day that I am now not working off. 

I finally felt good enough yesterday to go to Hot Yoga last night and I was hoping that the steam and heat would clear anything lingering up and I would feel great today.  Instead I woke up feeling like crap.  Oh well, that's just how it goes sometimes.

I am getting through the day and not really feeling much better, but no worse either... so that is good news.  However all this means even longer not running which is killing me!! I am really missing my runs, especially as the weather has been really cool and cloudy this week.  I am planning to go walking/jogging on my lunch tomorrow and hope to be good enough to do my long run this weekend as Race for the Cure is only 1 week away and I desperately want to hit my personal best time!

Fingers crossed, prayers said and vitamins taken! 

No comments:

Post a Comment